Christmas delivery cut-off in Australia
If you are sending parcels with Australia, Australia Post recommends ordering by the below dates:
- Send Parcel Post by Wednesday 9 December 2020.
- Send Express Post by Wednesday 16 December 2020.
General delay in Australia via Austpost
Furthermore please be aware that Australia Post is experiencing delays due to increase in domestic traffic, especially interstate delivery due to the impacts of COVID-19. Please allow an additional 3-4 business days for delivery in Australia in time for Christmas.
For the latest updates from Australia Post, please visit their website here.
For COVID-19 Delay Impacts and latest updates, please visit Australia Post website via the following link.
- USA, Canada, UK, Europe: Monday 16 November 2020
- Most of Asia: Monday 23 November 2020
- New Zealand: Friday 27 November 2020.
Please visit the Australia Post Coronavirus: International updates page for the latest advice on international deliveries.
Our Dispatch Team are working in a timely manner to ensure customer orders are dispatched, whilst following strict health guidelines imposed during this time. Australia Post remains fully operational across Australia during government restrictions on non-essential activity. Domestic deliveries will automatically default to ‘Authority to Leave’ and left in a safe place on your premises, or taken to the local Post Office should the driver deem there is nowhere safe to leave a parcel. You will be notified of the delivery and location of your item via the email address provided at time of ordering. International delivery delays are expected and Australia Post is working with partner airlines and other postal operators to move items as quickly as possible. However due to the ever-changing situation, delays may occur in all destination countries. Please visit the Australia Post website here for updates relating to your country of destination, or alternatively please get in touch with our Customer Care Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
- AUD $9.95 flat rate Australia-wide for all orders under AUD $60.
- Free delivery on all orders over AUD $60.
- Please allow 1-5 working days for delivery.
- If you have not received your order within 7 working days please email us at email@example.com
Should a parcel be returned to METIS due to any of the following reasons we are happy to arrange a redelivery:
- an incorrect, incomplete or insufficient address provided by the recipient
- the parcel is rejected
- a parcel is not collected from the post office within the allocated time frame
A charge of AUD$9.95 will apply and your order sent via regular post. Should you wish to cancel your order and a refund requested we will arrange a full refund minus the initial shipping fee. Should there be no initial shipping fee we will refund your order total minus AUD$9.95 to cover the cost of your parcel being returned to us.
Tracking details are provided to the customer via email from Australia Post/Shippit. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder just in case.
METIS is proud to offer international delivery to our overseas customers.
- NEW ZEALAND: $30 AUD flat rate for all orders. Please allow 5 – 7 working days for delivery.
- ASIA & PACIFIC: $39 AUD flat rate for all orders. Please allow 6 – 10 working days for delivery.
- NORTH AMERICA: $39 AUD flat rate for all orders. Please allow 6 – 10 working days for delivery.
- SOUTH AMERICA: (excluding Peru) $45 AUD flat rate for all orders. Please allow 6 – 10 working days for delivery.
- EUROPE (NON EU/UK)*: $45 AUD flat rate for all orders. Please allow 6 – 10 working days for delivery. (*Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Gibraltar, Iceland, Kosovo, Lechtenstein, Macedonia, Norway, Russia Federation, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and Vatican City).
- AFRICA: $45 AUD flat rate for all orders. Please allow 6 – 10 working days for delivery.
Parcels are delivered by trackable international express courier.
International delivery costs do not include any taxes or duties applied by the destination country. These additional charges (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the delivery recipient. It is advised to contact your local customs office for any information on what these charges may be.
Please note that in accordance with Australian export regulations, we are required to declare the exact value and status of each parcel. We are also prohibited by law from identifying an order as a gift for export purposes.
If you decline to pay the applicable taxes and duties and your order is returned, initial shipping costs will not be refunded.
Delivery of International Orders
A signature is required for international deliveries and it is the sole responsibility of the receiver to provide an address where someone will be available to receive and sign for the parcel. Should a parcel be returned to METIS due to any of the following reasons, and a re-delivery requested by the recipient, a fee of AUD$30 will apply:
- Multiple unsuccessful delivery attempts,
- Failure by the recipient to contact the delivery service in their receiving country to arrange a re-delivery,
- If a parcel remains unclaimed by the recipient or,
- An incorrect/insufficient address provided by customer.
Should a refund be requested due to any of the above reasons for the return the initial freight charge will not be refunded.
Tracking details are forwarded to the email address provided at time of ordering (be sure to check your junk/spam folder). It is the responsibility of the recipient to monitor the tracking of the parcel. Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further details regarding your order or its delivery.
All orders and applicable shipping costs are in Australian Dollars (AUD)